Preemie and a babysitter?

So I had my son 10wks early. He is now 7wks old and is still in the NICU. We are anticipating that he will be out of the hospital in two wks or so. The problem is that with the vacation I have saved up I am still going to have to work weekends (my hubby can watch him then) and will only be able to take 4 weeks off like this. So in the beginning of December I will need a babysitter. With RSV season here I don't want to chance him going to someone elses home or to daycare. What do I do? His grandparents are all heavey smokers and haven't volunteered to watch him. I don't feel comfortable with a stranger in my house when I am not home. p.s. I have to work to stay on our benefits for our million dollar baby. Any ideas?

CowKiss

Asked by CowKiss at 2:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try a nanny, or call the churches in your area. there may be a low-cost way to get an lpn or rn to sit in your house though the church and you could probably trust them.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I think you should hire someone to come in your home. That way the baby stays at home and not around other children.
    Anonymous