Why do you think they exploit thier kids ??

I am talking about Jon and Kate Plus 8 , 19 kids and counting and all the other shows out thier with little kids on tv.
I am hoping they pull J&K off TLC and the Duggars seem so set in their ways you would think they would know they are exploiting thier kids.
It's sad that it's mainly about money for a few of the families.

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 2:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Entertainment

• I totally agree... Jon and Kate more that than Duggars though. Did you see her say "when they were born we could not afford to feed them"..... ummm, then why did you agree to implantation when you already had kids? My neighbor wants multiples so she can get a show. How crazy is that?
    Anonymous

• I think in the beginning, it's about providing for their family, in the case of Duggars I think it's more about people's curiosity. Once they are in the spotlight for awhile, I don't think that they realize that they are exploiting the kids...

Ever been in a bad relationship but didn't really think it was all that bad? UNTIL, you were no longer in it, then you realized just how bad it was? I think that this is the same. They just get so caught up in it that they don't realize it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• "ummm, then why did you agree to implantation when you already had kids? My neighbor wants multiples so she can get a show. How crazy is that?"

The did not use IMPLANTATION...another example of ignorance...she was on fertility drugs that caused her to release too many eggs at one time...she opted to NOT go thru selective reduction.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• It's the $$$. I can't say I wouldn't if there was that amount of $$$. Now with J&K. I think they have spent too much $$$. They should have stayed in the house they were in. I bet they go into forclosure unless they paid cash for the house they are in. They needed to look into the future and know they will not always have that income.
    Anonymous

• It really doesn't matter what form Kate used. I can't feel sorry for her if she used fertility drugs. It's not like she didn't know the risks.

It's wrong to use children to make money and that is all Jon and Kate and the Duggars are doing. It's too bad people actually watch those shows.
    Anonymous

• I don't understand why they can't make it work - even with all those kids. Nobody told them to move into a 1.5 million dollar home. If they used their money wisely, I'm sure they could afford to live for a while anyway. Unless Jon spends it all - according to Kate, he took out about $258,000 or something. i didn't hear the whole thing but I was like, "Damn!"

I didn't really think the kids are being exploited at first. I can understand why they'd do it but to go through this divorce and stuff on television and both parents bad-mouthing each other - I think the show could definitely afford a break. Just to give the kids some time to grieve over the end of the parents marriage.

Jon is a douchebag anyway. And I don't fault Kate for the whole thing.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 4:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Here's how I see it:
    Jon and Kate got a show because they had 2 sets of multiples. It started out as a couple one-hour specials and they got such a huge response and following that TLC gave them a show. They started doing it for money to help provide for their children and it evolved into a monster that exploited them as well as their children.

The Duggars are TOTALLY different. They already were self sustaining. Their main goals in doing the show are to (1) spread their Christian values and (2) satisfy the world's curiosity at how a large family functions. I'm sure the extra money doesn't hurt, but they aren't even close to exploitation.
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 8:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• no but the Duggars spend all their time procreating and making the older kids raise the younger. Oooh hope that happens to us all so our kids can grow up as" good Christians". And your all wrong. The Duggars house was decorated and half built by TLC since they were going about doing it too slow. So they are not as self sufficent as all would like to believe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• yeah, but they are debt free and "half built" by their own hands. I dont think the kids are raising the younger sibliings, but they do help out a lot. thats what families are for. My dd helps me with the baby all the time. i see nothing wrong with it. The kids look genuinely happy.
    Anonymous

• I dont agree with you at all sorry just my op.... I never thought of the children as being explotied until all this drama and the divorce. I also think that it is easy to sit up on high pointing fingers at people when I am sure that there is at least one thing that you do with your children that not everyone would agree with. We as parents do the very best we can with what we have and what we know. I think that even though Jon & Kate have made money off the show they have always had their childrens best interest at heart. I don't know of any parent that if given the chance to give their children the world wouldn't take it. As for the Duggar's the same applies I think that they are truly blessed as a family and why would they deny God's favor. This is only my op though
    babyelqutob2

Answer by babyelqutob2 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2009