did your baby turn just in time or before?? 34 weeks and no turning down i dont think he has enough room to do so??? is that possible?

sry ftm im worried...........any opinions

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 2:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My first was transverse and turned on his own at 39 weeks, my second was turning from breech to head down and back up until labor! They can and do change on their own a lot of times!
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 3:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• oh yeah he's got room lol. i talked to my doctor while preggo with my dd and she said she's seen babies turn while mom was in labor, even after the water broke. so yeah, it's possible
    Anonymous

• If you are still pregnant then there is a chance, even at 40+ weeks!
    The pre/ early labor contractions can help baby's head down, you just don't know until you get there.

There are several things to try to encourage baby's head down before then, too.

And if those things don't work, you can always request an older doctor or a midwife who does have experience attending breech deliveries. For some care providers position is not a problem, they are trained on it.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Please check out:   Breech

Consider moxibustion and Webster Technique as your priority~ with great success rates it's worth a try!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My last pregnancy he was still turned sideways up till birth and I went into labor 9 days early and ended up with a c-section. They was gonna turn him the next week but I went into labor bymyself. My second baby she was sideways too all the way till I was in labor and she turned by herself when I was in labor and some say when they get bigger they probably cant turn. She was 8lbs 7oz so I doubt that was true, lol. But with the LAST PREGNANCY THEY DIDNT try to turn him cause when they checked me I was already almost dialated to a 7 and they didnt want to risk him kicking more and breaking my water cause breech births arent good.
    knlhall

Answer by knlhall at 10:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I went for my appointment at like 38 weeks and i'm pretty sure she wasn't turned yet.. I was nervous about that too.. I passed my due date and had to be induced.. she came out fine. The nurse at the hospital told me that many babies get in the right position RIGHT on time.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 11:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2009