Do moms just start blocking out their children at a certain age?

I always see moms at stores with their 3+ year olds pretty much ignoring them. My son is only 10 months old and I still find everything really exciting. Will that change?

ours

Asked by ours at 2:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well my dd is 3 and i don't ignore her at all, even if i wanted to she wouldn't let me lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I do not ignore my 2 yr old
    EXCEPT
    I do try to ignore bad behavoir as not to encourage it

I have always talked with her, people looked at me strangly when she was tiny, but I always have had conversations with her, do not care if people look at me funny because I am interacting with my child, I could be singing in the store with her (and believe me I SING BADLY!)
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 3:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Sometimes its hard for me to concentrate on shopping when my 12 yr. old is talking on and on and on about nothing. Sometimes, I think, kids just want to hear themselves talk and don't need 100% attention at all times.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 3:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Ya but pretty soon your 12 year old is going to stop talking to you and you're going to miss it.
    ours

Answer by ours at 3:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I think it is because they have too many kids, you have no chhoice but to block out some of it to survive. But basically it usualy works the other way around soon, your little ones will grow and block you out!

Answer by older at 3:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Your little ones are lucky.
    My parents never ignored me but there are times even now that when I have something important to talk about they act like its no big deal.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 3:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I agree with princess. My dad to this day ignores me 75% of the time. As for my mom, now that she has a grandson she pretty much blocks whatever I say out so she can awe at him. I'm not complaining, I'm sooo happy that she loves him, it just gets on my nerves sometimes.
    ours

Answer by ours at 3:56 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Teenagers...trust me teenagers!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2009