MY 3 month old is really gassy and it hurts him what can i do to ease his pain?

he has been passing gas a lot and he cries a lot because of the gas. Is there anything i can do to get rid of the gas or at least take away the pain?

trentsmommy13

Asked by trentsmommy13 at 3:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use to give mine anise which is like a star shaped dried plant, make like a tea, and give the baby this instead of plain water. If this doesn't work pretty much all you can do is cuddle and rock him and love him until it goes away

Answer by older at 3:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I nused my son but when he was gassy a couple of times I gave him Mylecon and it worked like a charm. I would never deny a baby food though. If he is hundry I would feed him. I would add "Probiotics" to his bottle and that will add his digestion. You can find it at a local health food store or you buy it online. I give my 20 month old son Udo's.

Or we used Hylands Colic Tablets.

GL hope that helps some
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 3:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Mylicon drops. seriously they should have given you a small bottle at the hospital, but you can just buy some at pretty much any store.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I used to use mylicon drops but switched to gripe water - my dd loves it! It seems to work better for her than the drops...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2009