What do you think of this?

"For too long religon has beat people down, causing many to have the wrong image of God. They think he's mean. He's out to get them. But that's not the way our God is. God is a good God."

-Joel Osteen

Sarah1220

Asked by Sarah1220 at 3:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• r u kidding me GOD is FABULOUS and whomever doesnt believe it i just feel sorry for..JMO
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I think it's SO true, mainly the way some followers have taken the message and spread it. This is one of the many reasons I love Joel Osteen.
    Sarah1220

Answer by Sarah1220 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Uh, then all that bad stuff he did or condones in the bible was some other god?
    Anonymous

• i like it! it's true
    Anonymous

• People can believe whatever they choose. I am not religious but I do like Joel. He's okay and tries to have a positive message. I hope, for those who do believe, god is good..
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 3:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Then the Yahweh in the O.T. was NOT your god? That's a relief! 'Cause that god sure did a lot of killing, maiming, cursing with famine and disease, drowning, burning up with fire and brimstone, and spilling of blood ad nauseum. No serial killer today has THAT bloody a record. And one would certainly NOT call him good. I think the quote is generic--like a phrase learned by rote in sunday school--and is very naive and deceptive.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I have to agree with witchqueen....basically, you are ignoring the genocide and human and animal sacrifice that was done in the name of the Christian god..... I have no problems with Christians, just the fact that some tend to over look that little tidbit.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 3:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• This is how I see God.

Answer by older at 3:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I believe its true...even though the OT was a bit of a bloodbath. ;]
    Mortiferouslatt

Answer by Mortiferouslatt at 4:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• People can see him any way they want to see him, I guess. Jewish people see him as being cruel and merciless, and most Christians see him as being good and giving and lovely and all that jazz. But Mr. Osteen can't deny that the OT god was pretty frickin vengeful.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2009