Anyone else can't stand they're Mother In Law?

Just wondering if its a common thing or what. You always see on t.v about over bearing weird mother in law's, but i never really hear real stories about them. Do you have a mother in law you can't stand? I know i do..lol. If you do whats the craziest or most annoying thing she's ever done?

xdeviouskittyxx

Asked by xdeviouskittyxx at 3:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Mine is killing herself with vodka and she lives 7 hours away. I talk to her on the phone maybe once ever 6 months for a few minutes. I don't know her at all. She seems sweet, but I would have a hard time being around someone who drinks 1/2 a 5th of vodka before noon.
    Anonymous

• Nope...mine passed away 4 years ago to breast cancer. I miss her everyday. She taught me a lot. Was an incredible woman. Kind, gentle, nice, a great cook, a teacher, a listener, a helper, a humanitarian...with that said I loved her!! And you should love yours too cause you never know when they are going to be gone.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 3:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• She was never my mother in law, but my ex's mom got on my nerves. Sometimes I think she meant well and others she was just nit picking. Everytime she saw me when I was pregnant she always said "I can't believe how big you are." And the one time she saw me after I had him she said "you'll get your figure back eventually." She weighed about 300 pounds.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i plead the 5th.lol.my mil just talks and talks and talks.either shes complaining about something or shes telling a story with every single detail.its so annoying.and then when she offers 2 do something shell throw it in your face later and complain later and be like well i spent all day doing this n that n rah rah rah n im so exhausted ..but she gets mad now when she offers 2 do something and i say no its ok.oh andshe has fleas in her house and says me and the baby cant stay there which i wouldnt let the baby stay there or go there anyway but yet she wants me 2 risk having a bug crawl in my babies nose or ear or mouth and bring her over there.shes bugged out 4 real.
    Anonymous

• Where do I start? Telling my DH that my family was rude to her at my baby shower, that they wouldn't talk to her and rolled their eyes at her. None of which was true, I was right in the room the whole time with everyone. They refused to be brought into the conversation and ignored everyone. After our first baby was born, and it was a complicated delivery which left me in a lot of pain for about two weeks, they all came and flopped at our house and made messes they didn't clean up. They knew my mom was spending her vacation with me and MIL looked me right in the eye and said she'd come the next week then showed up the night we got home and stayed for the rest of the week being awful. Basically they just show up when they please, expect us to spend our last dime and entire weekends and holidays at their house and God forbid we should spend any time with my family. If we do that, suddenly his family has a crisis.
    Anonymous

• Mine can be VERY negative. You gain weight there's something wrong, you lose weight there's something wrong. Why is it so dark in here? Why are you so quiet? Why did your eye just twitch like that? Why is the sky blue? Any and EVERYTHING she will find to be negative. I avoid her and if it weren't for our daughter we would probably never talk to her. She pollutes the area with her negativity! I AM NOT EXAGERATING either. I love her, but from a distance...

She's a WONDERFUL grandma, but when she deals with adults she can be very repulsive with her negativity.

mamasarias

Answer by mamasarias at 3:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Mine drives me nuts. She was really sweet up until she realized my hubby and I were actually getting married, then she freaked and told everyone (including my family) that she was going to do whatever she could to stop us from getting married, because she didnt want my husband going to hell (she is church of christ, we're LDS). After that didnt work shes just been a pain. She tried disowning my hubby, but figured out that she couldn't do that because she missed him so much. So then she started getting all attatched and calls hubby like 5 times a day. Then when our daughter was 2months old she gave her a ring pop and ice cream even though we told her not to, and just seems to go out of her way to go against the rules we have for our DD. Luckily a few months ago she moved to another state so I only have to deal with her about once a month (and hubby just has to talk on the phone with her) lol
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 3:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I hate hate hate my MIL! I didn't like her before we married, but i HATE her now.. Instance # 1. Two days after our honeymoon, we drove to their house to tell them thank you for watching our dogs while we were gone. We sit down on their couch and she proceeds to tell my husband that she had a dream that he married (some girl he went to high school with) and how happy they were.. and my fil was like, wtf? Are you not happy with your daughter in law? and she was like, well I guess I have to be huh? I'm sitting there, almost wanted to cry. And I went into premature labor with our son. They knew sometime in the morning between 7 am to 12 noon that I would give birth and he wouldn't make it. They couldn't come up to the hospital to be there for my DH because 7th heaven was on and she never misses her show. Needless to say.. i HATE HATE HATE my inlaws! Oh, she also talks about me behind my back to my DH ex wife! haha.. She's a bitch
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 3:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My Mother-in-Law was very sweet and fair and generous and I miss her. She died about 10 years ago. I think you can find something good in anyone if you want to and it is vitally important to be on good terms with your family and in-laws.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• No, I was blessed to have one of the best MIL ,Mrs. Becky was a very special lady.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2009