when is to early to start getting stuff ready?

I am 37 weeks and already 2 cm dilated with my 4th baby. I told one of my friends that me and my husband were going to go ahead and put the carseat in the car and move the bassinet into our bedroom and the swing into the living room and she said it was to early. What does everyone think? I was almost induced for high blood pressure and i want to make sure everything is ready just in case.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had my DS at 37 weeks, so to be getting ready with the things you have noted doesn't seem to soon to me. Everyone is different... do what works for you. I know w/ my next I plan on being ready by 35 weeks, just in case.
    KATEISME

Answer by KATEISME at 3:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• you're 37 weeks? lol, your friend is on crack, no it's not too early. especially if you want to get the other kids used to the new things going on in the house. you could go into labor anytime now, and you want to be sure you're ready.
    Anonymous

• i dont think its ever 2 early.maybe 2 months is early lol.but 36 weeks and on you can go into labor.if you feel its the right time go and do it.i would.why save it for last minute.n then stress.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 3:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• why is it too early? i think it's a really good idea with the car seat because those things can be a pain in the butt! it's really normal to have a baby at 38 weeks, and lots come at 37 weeks. of course you could still have a few weeks left, but i think it's smart to prepare :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• that women is nuts i had everything ready at 30 weeks now im patiently waiting
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 3:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• lol I was induced at 37 weeks for blood pressure issues, and I was not ready at all and it was a mess! when I do it again, i am going to be ready at 35 or so weeks just in case.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 4:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• It's not too early - it's time to nest!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I am 32 weeks and all ready gettiing babys bag packed for hospital!! :) ITs not to early for you.
    KylonsMom

Answer by KylonsMom at 7:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• We had our carseat all hooked up well b4 my 37th week. Good thing, too..because we were new at it..and it took awhile to figure out, LOL. I would say it's NEVER too early. I mean, maybe if you are 8 weeks and have everything ready to go... lol. but you are close and could have the baby anytime. I'm glad I started getting ready early, because "nesting" never really happened to me. lol
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 11:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• HA! Im only 27 wks & Im already making a list of things that need to be packed. I wasnt packed when my son decided to come along & let me tell you....that is not a good idea. I'd rather be called crazy then have to rush around packing at the last minute. Do what you want!
    riceswife

Answer by riceswife at 1:37 AM on Oct. 6, 2009