Is this a sinus infection?(gross&TMI)

Thick chunky yellow/green snot with streaks of blood. I can't blow it, it only comes out when I "snort" it and then spit it out. It's only the left side, and my eye, nose, and face hurt on that side. If it is a sinus infection do I need antibiotics or will it just go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Green is usually the sign on infection. Do your teeth hurt?
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• If I had that I'd head to the doctor. Sinus infections for me don't get better on their own. I'd sniff up warm water with a small amount of non-iodized salt in it, or use a Netipot- which I got at the grocery store and the premixed packets of salt and baking soda in those. But I am thinking you still need an antibiotic.

Answer by Bmat at 3:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Yes, you have an infection.
    Anonymous

• Sound like an infection, or at least inflamiation from the pain in your face. color isn't always a sign of infection. But blood isn't typically good :) Go to the doc, get some antibotics before it gets worse. If you let it go, the inflamation will get worse and you won't drain properly and the infection will get worse. You'll probably need a decongestant too.
    Anonymous

• I have some of that too. I'm going to the doc tomorrow and expect to come out with an Rx for antibiotics. woo.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• When your mucus or fluid comes out yellow or green you have an infection. It will not go away until you have antibiotics and the doctor will make you feel MUCH better. It WILL get worse and can develop into other things as well.
    CoCoMom89

Answer by CoCoMom89 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2009