My moms side of the family found out I was pregnant

my moms family is really stuck up the happy go lucky kind of family. Everything has to be perfect. There has only been 1 divorce and they basically shunned those people. Anyways I have a facebook and my moms sisters kids were friends with me and I announced my pregnancy. I did it on purpose so I could spare the pain and hardship telling them in person. I will be honest this baby was planned but they are so mean that it scared me to tell them. Im 19 I have a wonderful boyfriend that is 26 we both have a birthday in november. We have our own place and support ourselves. Yes im not married but it doesnt matter to me. I dont believe that you have to be married to have a baby. Yes it would be better. They are now VERY pissed at my mom because my mom didnt tell anyone. My mom told them that if I wanted them to know I would tell them myself. Anyways what should I do? they are harrassing my mom.

Marah2008

Asked by Marah2008 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• and they are telling everyone that they dont approve of it and that my mom should be ashamed of herself.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Congrats on the baby. Your Mom is right, if you wanted them to know you would tell them yourself.
    Anonymous

• hmm... tell your mom to brush her shoulders off and not care what they have to say :) sorry sweetie. gl!
    Anonymous

• Nothing. Your mom is a growm women. She has been dealing with them a lot longer then you have. Let her deal with her family her way.

Answer by louise2 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Your mom is a grown woman and she can tell them to go to hell...I'd post something on facebook that told them that this is not your mom's place to tell them...since that seems to be where they get their info anyway
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Let it pass. It will blow over. You can't control other peoples' behavior anyway.

Answer by Bmat at 3:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• What I'm trying to understand is why you were scared to tell them in the first place.  They seem very stuckup and unsupportive so why bother?  If they can't see past you being an adult and able to make YOUR OWN DECISIONS then I wouldn't worry about them PERIOD.  You say that you are fine not being married, so act like it.  What are they going to do, beat you up?  As far as harassing your mom, thats a tough one.  I wouldn't speak to them anymore period if this were happening to me.  Why would you need their "approval" in the first place?  You don't.  Who the hell are they?  Um, nobody. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Why do either of you care what they think? They are obviously trolls.
    Anonymous

• your mom isnt the one pregnant, you are. they need to grow up.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I was scared because I knew they would harrass me and my mom. I dont need there approval, I could care less what they think as they have never really approved my family in the first place. But I know it hurts my mom because they never approve anything my mom has done. And anything she has done has never been good enough. Yes she is a grown woman but it still hurts her that her own brothers and sisters do that to her and it hurts me seeing my mom hurt and thats why I was scared to tell them
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2009