How does sage tea help with weaning?

Does it make the baby not want to nurse? does it dry up your milk? My daughter is one and I want to wean her. what worked for you? She won't take breastmilk from a sippy cup at all. When your milk dries up, what did you give your baby when they usually nursed to sleep?

bluerose26

Asked by bluerose26 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The taste goes thru your milk and baby doesn't like the taste. YOu need to start substituting feedings and let someone else feed her and you can't be in the room or she will want you to feed her.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• just slowly wean here. I still BF my 18mos old and at 12mos she was like that but now she just BF in the morning and not even every morning. In fact at 12mos she refused a sippy cup at all so we used sports bottles after experimenting with many cups...NOW isn't your child the one that goes through all the WIC juice? if thats the case give her the juice at times when she wants to BF. I believe in slowly weaning so I just handle it casually.
    Anonymous

• i went from nursing her all the time to only nursing for naps and bed time for a week or 2,to only nursing her at night,the i cut her times in half,like if she was eating for 5 minutes on each breast cut it down to 3 or 2 minutes,then down to less then one minute.then cut the feeding out alltogether. it worked for me and im in no pain at all,its been about 5 days for me so far,she is 16months.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2009