When is the best time to have baby #2?

Just asking your opinion. For those of you with more than 1 child. My Dd is 17 months old. I've heard you shouldn't wait to long. I've also heard that you should wait a while. Husband and I are thinking about it. I don' t know if we are ready though.

Jguevara

Asked by Jguevara at 3:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• wait till you are financially, physically, and mentally.every1 is different. have a baby on your time not some1 elses.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 3:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• We are waiting until ours gets into kindergarden. That way there's a gap but not too large of one. When one goes to college, the other is just beginning junior high soon, enough of a gap between driving ages and so on.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My son will be 2 years and 4 months when his little brother or sister is born. =) We didn't exactly plan it, but I'm excited! Me and my brother are 2 years apart and get along great!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 4:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Desi2Sweet could not have put it better..no one can give you this answer but YOURSELF.
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 4:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My kids are 14months apart. I don't personally recommend it. But it's up to you. I never wanted a second, if I could go back now, we would have waited at least another 4 years to have a second... But, we can't. Only you can decide what is best for you.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I think you should talk to your doctor about it, because whether or not you are physically ready is the most important, I've heard that some women shouldn't have kids for up to three years after their first because their bodies aren't ready for it.
    Anonymous

• The only good time is when you are ready.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Pros and cons on each side. It's up to you.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 6:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• congrattz- but i had baby #2 when baby #1 was 3 mos.... so my advice is not good!!!! I was raped...
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 7:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I have a 2 yr old & am expecting our second. They will be almost exactly 3 yrs apart. So far, from what i've seen with my son's reactions & all, it seems to be the perfect time! But as others said - everyone is different. One of my friends' kids are 3 yrs apart & they fight horribly all the time. I guess it varies from family to family.
    riceswife

Answer by riceswife at 7:06 PM on Oct. 6, 2009