Kids removed because of naked pictures...

My SIL is a horrid mother. A danger to her daughter from pregnancy. She claimes to be in "recovery" but in reality she is selling her meds to pay for drugs. She left her 3 day old daughter over night with a 14yo and his girlfriend so she could go dancing... CPS has been called twice, but they always call and give notice that they are comming, so she has 48 hours to clean up...

Now, I heard about a case where CYS came in and took a child because the parents had naked pictures of them in the tub. Well, My sil not only has naked pictures of this little girl, she puts them online for everyone to see... And has a big print of one on her wall in the living room...

What can I do? If anyone knows I report her, my DH will most likely think I'm just being a bitch and take her side, because she has been trying to talk us in to devorce since we got together (5 ys ago). So, I have to do anything anon, if there is anything I can do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• omg you sound like a huge drama queen....
    Anonymous

• u can be annoymous when u call and tell them to come unannounced so she has no time to look the part. having ur kids taken away for bath tub pics that seems a little harsh unless they were sexual i think every mom has bath tub pics of there kids.
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• If your husband thinks you're a bitch for looking out for a child's best interest, what does that say about him??? seriously I think you need to get some different people in your life!!! your SIL sounds ridiculously selfish. Time to re-evaluate the situation. sad thing is, nothing will be done unless somebody can prove that your SIL is still a drug addict...and if you won't prove that, who will?
    Anonymous

• get some new people in your life. it is possible to live a good life without drama like this.
    Anonymous

• if your husband is not taking your side, sounds like you need to re-evaluate your mental state. you sound like a trouble maker and drama lover. mind your biz
    Anonymous

• Are you people kidding? I'm a drama queen because I don't want my neice being raised by a drug user that neglects her daughter and posts naked pictures on the internet of her one year old? Most of the posted pictures are not of her in the tub... There is one of her on the couch another she's on her dad's lap... They think it's cute that she's naked... But really it's sick. I mean, she posts these pictures on all kinds of sites. You don't know who is looking at them and personally I am a little sickened by the fact that no one but me sees an issue of this. I have on problem with bath tub pictures. I don't take them, but I have no issue with them. But posting nude pictures of your one year old is sick! This little girl has been neglected and used as a ploy to get money since before she was born... And yet - I'm the bad one... Thanks for that! I guess that just goes to show how much respect people on this site have for kids!
    Anonymous

• I cant believe all these people ( anon of course) are saying these mean things!! Well, I guess I can cause thats why they are anon and bored and want to start crap!! Anyway, I would try to call if there is serious concern, and yes drugs are a concern. Tell them that when they give notice she cleans up. Your Dh would prob take her side cause its his own sister (not that it is right).
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 4:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• it's not mean to tell somebody that they should re-evaluate their life or that they should try to distance themselves from certain people whose behavior is completely toxic. this is fact. OP, if those answers bother you, you're way too emotionally fragile to try to "fix" the situation with your SIL. and your husband sounds like a LOSER if he'd be mad at you for looking out for your niece's best interest. anybody that does not put a child's needs before their own, doesn't deserve to be a parent. CLEARLY THEY ARE NOT MATURE ENOUGH TO LOVE SOMEBODY ELSE MORE THAN THEY LOVE THEMSELF.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 4:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• (((((((((((((PERSONAL PROBLEM))))))))))))) OUT HERE IT IS CALLED (DCF) department of childrens and families! but i would leave it alone..... just do u.. if they come and take the baby just ask if you can respet... respet is taking care of the baby till dcf or what ever u have finds a good home! ((((((((be wise mom)))))))))
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 7:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2009