Car Seat "Nazi's"

I have an older model car (it is all I could afford at the time). There is no seat belt in the middle. But I know that my20 month DD is safest in the middle. I was thinking that I could put her carseat in the middle & use the seatbelt from each side to strap it in- does that make sense? Is this okay to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't think that would be a very safe thing to do, I would just put on one of the sides.
    Sarah1220

Answer by Sarah1220 at 4:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• No, it would be safer to put her on one of the sides.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 4:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• PLEASE don't do that. she is safest where the carseat can be properly strapped in.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• does not sound safe to me.
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Using the word "Nazis" to discribe any sect of people other than the Nazi people shows your disrespect to a whole era of time, and the many many people who were hurt and families with small babies who were starved and then killed brutally.

It is utterly disrespectly, and shows your ignorance.

To the quesion - no. That is not safe.
    Anonymous

• No, thats not safe, in fact, it is illegal to improperly install a car seat.
    Thanks for calling people who care about their child getting hurt from improper car seat installation nazis. You should be more safe with your child.
    Mortiferouslatt

Answer by Mortiferouslatt at 4:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Personally, I think Nazis is a perfect discription for some of the nasty over protective women on this site...

As for the car seat, just put it behind the drivers side. If you had two kids they couldn't go in the center, so what's the big deal about the center if you only have one?? Besides it's safer to have them properly installed than it is to have them in the right place.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• OP here- Sabrina, why do you suggest behind the driver's seat? why is that safer?
    Anonymous

• Sabrina. Shame on you for supporting such ignorance.
    Anonymous

• haha wow she didnt ask your opinion on the word nazi.......
    anyway like said above, just use one of the sides. its safer that way. if she's your only one, the i'd put her behind the passenger side bc that way you can see her easier.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 4:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2009