What are normal feelings after havinga miscarriage over one year ago?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I really think it depends on the situation.. how far along in the pregnancy did the miscarriage occur, do you have fertility problems, was there something that caused it? Etc. there is a lot to it, and everyone handles things differently. Sorry I can't help any more.
    Anonymous

• Anything and everything! Grief is such an individual thing, and each of us experiences it differently. There really is no "normal." Depression, sadness, regret, anger, all are normal feelings of grief. The only time to really worry about your feelings is if they last longer than seems reasonable (like weeks), or if they so debilitate you that you find you can't live normally around the feelings. That's when it's time to get some help, and there's no shame in getting that help!

Some moms have an easier time dealing with it, and it may not really affect them at all. They may find more peace in their loss, and so not have the emotional swings. Even with my faith, I'm not that strong, though.

I know how hard it is - we'd be celebrating our second child's first birthday this week, if we hadn't lost him during the pregnancy last year. I'm struggling, and a lot! You're more likely to find me crying than smiling now.
    Anonymous