How do you or your husband/SO kill big spiders?

I ask because my Husband gets His unloaded pellet gun, pumps it up to 10, then blasts the big ass arachnid with the pumped air. Spider legs become detached, and it's an instant kill. Pretty amusing, actually..I love my badass Army Veteran. ;P

ajtherad

Asked by ajtherad at 4:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That is hilarious! I just use a shoe. I had to kill a mouse once with a baseball bat. My cat kept catching it and playing with it, then letting it go. One time I pushed her out of the way so she wouldn't get hurt, then whacked that mouse with the bat! Problem solved. My mom said I was feeding the cats too much.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:27 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• DH is the spider killer around here - and he goes after them like a man possessed. Cussing, raising hell and the whole 9 yards, then announces "It's okay baby, it can't hurt you now". If I wasn't too busy standing in the middle of a piece of furniture wringing my hands I might laugh out loud at him.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I just stand there and scream until someone kills it for me. I hate spiders lol.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• We don't kill spiders. We put hem outside where they belong or leave them be. A spider in your home brings good luck.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 4:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• haha those are both good. i'm actually more of a sap i guess. not that i'm opposed to some ppl squishin them, but i usually scoop em up with something like a stick and take em back outside. unless of course they are poisonous. we live in the woods, so all sorts of crawlies out here.

AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Raid. Even the kind that says it's for flying insects works within a minute and you don't have to get close to it :-)
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 4:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Yuck I hate spiders my man kills them with napkin, shoe or finger, yuck
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• THAT IS HILARIOUS!
    I'm the spider murderer in the house. I use a shoe.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I hate spiders. They are horrible! My bf does it, if he is not home I have a kid with no fears and she runs for a shoe!
    canthaveboys1

Answer by canthaveboys1 at 5:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I spray them with raid and suck them up with my vaccuum. I had one come back to life after I sprayed the crap out of it for like 5 minutes, but it was huge so I should have squished it too.
    Anonymous