Is it true that red cars are more on insurance?

I really want this red car but I dont want to pay more on insurance because of an color.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i heard that red cars are cheaper on insurance cause you can see them in rain snow and in the dark...where white cars blend in with snow gray with rain and dark ones at night..
    Anonymous

• calll your insurance company and ask them, you don't have to tell them who you are
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• All I know is that red cars get stopped a lot by cops, the color tends for them to notice more and get more tickets. But I don';t think there is any truth to the insurance thing,

Answer by older at 4:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• No its not true me and my hubby own an insurance company and the color doesn't matter...
    Anonymous

• No, I asked my insurance lady and she laughed at me.
    Anonymous

• I thought they were more but ask the insurance company. I agree about them getting stopped more often.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• No they are just easier for the police officers to spot if you are breaking the law. that is way most people who have red car have higher insurance.
    Breegy

Answer by Breegy at 5:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I heard somewhere that it is true because they link driving fast with red cars.. honestly I wouldn't put it past an agency to make an assumption like that. They lower your insurance rate if you are married because they think it means that you will be starting a family and therefore driving more carefully (straight out of an insurance agent's mouth).
    ceemuhreeashbee

Answer by ceemuhreeashbee at 5:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• All I know is that every time I have gotten insurance for a car, I have never even been asked what color the car was.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2009