Job searching and pregnant

Im 26 weeks pregnant and have been looking for a job for quite sometime now but noone is hiring with this ecomomy the way it is. I finally have an interview tomorrow and im not going to mention im pregnant and my clothes hide my baby bump quite well. have any of you found jobs while pregnant

mycheyl

Asked by mycheyl at 4:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• what kind of job are you looking for? If it is a professional job I think you are making a BIG mistake. I would not trust an employee who started her employment so dishonestly. If you are looking for a simple blue collar job then 'what ever'. They can replace you easily enough.

In general in all aspects of my life I feel it best not to start a relationship by being so dishonest.
    Anonymous

• I found seasonal work, and they told me to come back after the baby was born and they would try and get me on perm, I was due in April so that was still a 3 month gap but it was enough to be helpful.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 5:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I agree with the first poster. IMO not telling them, espeically at this point in your pregnancy is extremely dishonest and I wouldn't trust an employee that started their job that way. If I were an employer, I would be very upset if I hired you and didn't know you were pregnant, especially since with in the next 10-14 weeks you wont be able to do what I hired you for since you'll be on maternity leave (or just plain gone) and I'll back in the same position I'm now.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 6:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2009