I can't taste food as much. Has anyone else experienced this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yea i ant either. and the depressing thing is, since i cant taste i want spicy food cuz you can taste the flavor better but i get heartburn like nobodys business so i cant have the spicy foods. try curry!! i thought curry would be a bad idea since it was a weird flavor and i thought being preg would make me hate it but it was amazing and not spicy so i didnt get heart burn

i try also not to put too much salt on my foods even tho i cant taste it but if your worried about weight and stuff try and manage without extra salt. do pepper? i hate pepper with a passion so i cant do that.
    cumminsoonindec

Answer by cumminsoonindec at 5:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• pregnant or not i could never really taste food. so i always get mine spicy. i wouldn't worry i'm sure it's related to pregnancy. my sight is all whacked from pregnancy even though i had lasik done. expect really weird things to happen even if they never happened before in your other pregnancies.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I'm not tasting as much, either. For me, that's a good thing because I'm overweight and don't really need to gain any more. Yup. Heartburn's a bitch. I get it after I eat dairy.
    smokythebear

Answer by smokythebear at 1:09 AM on Oct. 7, 2009