Recipes!!!!

I'm looking for easy and inexpensive recipes. It's just DH and I eating right now. DS is only 6 months so he's not eating dinner with us yet :). I have a hard time cooking for just two of us. I come from a household of five so it has been hard to change my mindset. I'm doing better but it's getting boring. I want new ideas! Anyone have something to share???

Nesa_Z

Asked by Nesa_Z at 5:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• www.allrecipes.com yummy and easy!!
    Anonymous

• make what your used to and freeze the leftover sauce etc.. When Ds was little I used to cook on Sunday and then not have to worry through the week!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I am the same way I always over cook, for us we just eat the leftovers. You could always make that much and freeze the other half. There are not smaller recipes just smaller portions. If you are used to cooking for five, then cut what you normally do in half! Good Luck.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 5:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Before the kids were born, I would make the recipes as is, from the recipe books and then, what ever left overs we had, we would freeze them in individual servings. Each container were numbered and there was a log sheet on the side of the freezer, so on those nights I didn't feel like cooking or for lunches for my hubby, he had options, somewhat like being at the restaurant. Keeping the log helps remember what is in which container. We still do it now, not as much, but it's an economical option. There is no waste.

good luck!
    sauterelledesil

Answer by sauterelledesil at 6:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i always go to supercook.com for some ideas. you type in what you have in the kitchen and they come up with recipes! well I made some homemade fries tonight which was SUPER EASY. idaho potatoes are usually pretty cheap, especially if you get the big bags of them. I used about 5 medium sized one. you cute them up into steak fry sizes, or whatever size you want. in a bowl, put in 1 tbsn of olive oil, and whatever spices you want (I used garlic salt, pepper, basil) mix it up. you can use a brush or dip them in the mixture and put them in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes. after about 5 minutes turn them over if they are on one side and brush them again with the oil mixture. let them cook the remainer time and let them cool!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:26 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• here are my healthy recipes

daniellecooks.wordpress.com

there are budget recipes and many options for low-fat eating
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Freeze half of whatever you cook. Send me a message offlist if you would like additional recipes:
    MEXICAN BEANS AND PASTA BAKE
    1 med. onion, chopped
    1 clove garlic, chopped
    2" segment hot chili pepper, minced or 1/4 tsp. cayenne
    1 tbsp. chili powder
    1 qt. undrained canned diced tomatoes
    1 tsp. oregano
    1/2 tsp. cumin
    1 c. uncooked whole wheat elbow macaroni or other pasta broken into pieces
    3/4 c. frozen or canned corn
    3/4 c. diced zucchini
    3 c. cooked pink or black beans
    1/2 c. sliced black olives
    1 c. broken taco shells or tortilla chips
    1 c. shredded Jack cheese or cheese of your choice

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 9:41 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• In a skillet coated with non-stick cooking spray (I use olive oil) sauté onion, garlic and hot pepper for about 3 minutes to soften. Add chili powder and cook briefly. Add tomatoes, oregano and cumin and bring to a boil. Add pasta, corn and zucchini and simmer 15 minutes until pasta is just tender. Stir in beans and olives. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Transfer bean mixture to a shallow 2 quart casserole. Top with taco shells or tortilla chips and cheese. Bake for 10 minutes to melt cheese. If casserole is assembled in advance and chilled, increase baking time to 20 minutes or until heated through. Top with sour cream at the table.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:42 AM on Oct. 6, 2009