What are the pros and cons of having the daddy at the baby shower?

My boyfriend wants to be at the baby shower to open gifts with me and play all the fun games. Is there any reason why it would be a bad idea? I personally think that he should go if he wants to. Should I make it a co-ed party. I already have so many people that want to come and Im only 3 months along lol.

Marah2008

Asked by Marah2008 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my ex husband was at my son's baby shower (co-ed) but not my daughters (female only) and I honestly had more fun at the co-ed one. The shower is for the baby so why the heck cant the dad enjoy it too? If you hubby actually WANTS to be there... let him!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• There is nothing wrong with the baby daddy being at the shower. He should be able to celebrate too.
    toyota

Answer by toyota at 5:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My DH was at my baby shower and he loved it. He was the only man there but enjoyed being a part of opening the gifts for our daughter.
    ajw1980

Answer by ajw1980 at 5:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Co-ed showers are great. If the hubby, SO or boyfriend wants to be involved, which I don't think it's horrible if they don't either, let them come. If can be great and you'll have more people there to celebrate with you. My hubby wasn't at mine, it was a girl-only shower, but that was just how my mom and aunts and cousins are... no boys. And really, my hubby would have been bored. He's not the "shower" type. lol Enjoy it how you want it... it's your and your baby's day.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 5:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My husband is going to be at OURS and its all of our friends and family male and female i dont understand why they are centered around the mom its both of our child
    mycheyl

Answer by mycheyl at 5:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My fiance was at our baby shower. It was great because his friends and their girlfriends were invited and having him there made it easier for them to mingle since so many people didnt know one another.

and even on the invites it said both of our names and we both did thank you cards after. I think theres absolutely nothing wrong with it and it makes more sense to do it this way.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My son's was co-ed and it was great! My husband enjoyed being a part of it and games are more fun with men and boys involved. We got the boys and men to blow up balloons and stick them under their shirts and try to tie their shoes. =) I love the pictures we got from that!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 6:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• it's the new trend. do it. i'm not but i don't have young friends.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Now days I've seen and been to more co-ed baby showers as well as had all co-ed baby showers than I have just females. I feel all baby showers should be this way, it's a time you shower the "parents" with gifts and happiness over their new found joy that is to come into their lives, yet in the past it was a time for showering the mother to be. A huge pro is getting the father to be just as involved in this new family joy as the mother to be should be :-) As for cons, I can't really think of any. I have never had or been to any poorly done co-ed baby showers.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 6:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Mine came at the very beginning to say hi to everyone and such..and then went home. It went fine that way for us.. either way I think it just depends how you feel about it
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2009