Has anyone had a migraine for a month or longer?

I suffer from migrianes. They are so bad I can't care for my kids when one hits. They can last any where from a couple hours to one time 3 months. So much money, time, and tears have been spent on the migraines. I have had every test ranandcut out trigger foods. Nothing works. Just want to know there is others out there that have the same problem. Because some people don't believe me.

momtotwinsand1

Asked by momtotwinsand1 at 5:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (-10 Credits)
  • YES i been hving bad headachs for 8 months now i will get them everyday for a lest 3 hr to all day where i cant do anything they hurt so bad i went to the Dr. and he gave me this medi. called topamax and it stops you from getting headachs. it works in your central nerves and really works. i was on it for a month and didnt get no headachs then it broke me out so i stoed and i am now back to geting bad headachs but it did work. the only bad thing is you cant drink soda caz it wont ast right and you will get light pains in your legs but other then that it work great. the medi is for seizures but just got approve for headachs.
    Anonymous

• I suffer from migraines, also. I have never had one that lasted more than three days. Generally, it's anywhere from 6 hrs. to 10 of throwing up every 15-30 mins. (which, obviously, after a few times it becomes dry heaves) and trying incesantly to no avail to get into a comfortable position in bed. I still have no clue as to the "why" for mine, either. I cannot imagine having a migraine that lasts as long as yours. I certainly question your doctor(s), to treat your unspeakable pain and amount of downtime with the migraine so lightly. I'd find another doctor. That cannot be acceptable, a migraine that lasts up to a MONTH?!?! Your doctor works for YOU, don't be intimidated.
    edcmyangels

Answer by edcmyangels at 6:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• In my 20's I used to get BAD migrains. I would have to go to the ER and get a shot to knock me out just to stop me from screaming at the top of my lungs. I have not had a nigrane in 15 years now thank God, But I believe you dear. Stress triggered mine, I think, because I have eliminated my stress I no longer suffer migrains. The occasional sinus infection will bring on a head ache close to a migraine but I know the difference.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• yes!!! i have had one now for 4 1/2 weeks...somedays are worse some days are ok..always hurts like hell..but i know how u feel...its super ridiculous
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 6:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I know my triggers (peanut butter and strawberry flavoring) but my sister is like that. She finally figured out recently that on top of peanuts, oranges, garlic, and some processed corn products, she is ALSO allergic to gluten and all of these manifest as migraines. She went 64 days where for some part of every day she had a migraine. GL
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 6:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i once had what i thought was a migraine and it was a sinus inf. now i suffer from migraines and its everyday at around 8-9pm then it goes away its usually right above my eyes between my nose..i hate em'
    i know this woman who suffer so bad from them she goes to get shots right above her neck in the back(on her head)
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 6:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Thank you ladies. I'm sorry that you all suffer from migraines. But it is nice to know that there are others out there that have the super long ones too.
    momtotwinsand1

Answer by momtotwinsand1 at 9:32 AM on Oct. 6, 2009