Where is God?

I grew up in church and spent a great deal of my adult life in church but I seemed to lose my way. Though I realize the need to reconnect to the Father, I feel like when I need Him, he is so silent! I often wonder if he see my struggle and my heart. I truly am sorry for the mistakes of my past and want to do the right thing, but I can't seem to catch a break. It is one thing after the other, so my question is .......Where is God?

trice143

Asked by trice143 at 6:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The books left out of the bible, the "apocrifa" in one of the books it says,  Lift a stone and you shall find me, break a piece of wood and I am there, God is found not only in mans buildgings of stone and glass but In ALL things for He created it all and everything is a part of God.....or something close to that. So to answer your question? God is EVERYWHERE.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I called god when I was a child and he put me on hold. In the meantime, I've figured it out on my own. When you find him let him know I'm no longer on hold, I figured this life out myself.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 6:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• He's over at my house today but if you need Him I'll send Him to yours. I'm not bashing but it's odd that you confess you lose your way but then ask Where's God? He's not lost and He's probably watching over you now. Have you ever had your child walk away in a store and couldn't find his/her way back to you but you could see them? You knew they'd be fine once they found the way back to you. It's the same with God. "Peace, be still". Stop and let the fog lift. You will probably see Him if you remain calm and you can walk back to where He is standing.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• as a person who has known God, and spent a good amount of time in his presence, you know where he is. you just aren't looking; rather, you're not letting go of something that you know God isn't part of. he is always there..but he's not going to jump you if you don't really want him to. i'm guessing the holy spirit is nudging you in a direction, but you aren't listening to him either.
    Anonymous

• HE'S ALWAYS BEEN WITH YOU. it's usually us who have lost him in our life. he doesn't just show up when you need him. he is a third watch god. like when the apostles were fishing and then the great storm. he didn't calm the waters for them right away. he lets us struggle and waiver for awhile but when we get to the point we will be lost forever he is there. he will answer your prayers and will help in whatever way you need it. thing is maybe your not ready to recieve him or have enough faith in him for him to be settled back into your life. its not god who left you but you who left god. i would pray with a sincere heart and do it on a regular basis. also try to see the blessings he has bestowed on you. sometimes we don't see what they are. i'm sure he has blessed you today in one way or another. say like he kept your kids safe. good health etc. be thankful
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• He could be found right under your nose....in your heart.

John 14:15-31 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.
    Anonymous

• I hear you all and while I don't need to make excuses I am just trying hard to find my way! At this point, it does not matter what anyone thinks of me because I am searching and I do remember that a person who is honestly searching though lost will find their way. I know what to do, but I want to do it right! No half measures! I guess I do need to surrender everything but I am so afraid right about now, but thanks for the answers!
    trice143

Answer by trice143 at 6:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2009