Did you wear a veil at your wedding?

I have seen it done with and without. Personally I just do not like them. I do not like the way they look and just think that they get in the way and are annoying. So do you it is weird when you see people NOT wearing them?

Carrie06

Asked by Carrie06 at 6:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I wore one, but my husband said he didn't like it when the veil was worn to hide the face until the kiss, so mine was single layer and just worn on the back.
    sauterelledesil

Answer by sauterelledesil at 6:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• For my first marriage i did the white dress and veil. For the second wedding? I wore a pale yellow business suit and NO veil. A Veil is only for your first wedding as is a white dress. IMO
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I did. It was thin but when it was time for us to kiss my husbandy put it back. It was a very sweet moment.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 6:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I wore a veil. It was down until my sons presented me to the groom; they raised it and each of them kissed me then handed me off to the groom.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:35 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Yes I did.

But I think the bride and groom should make their wedding however the heck they want. It's YOUR wedding after all.

You can always do pretty flowers or something else in your hair in the place of veil.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 8:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i didnt wear a traditional, covering-the-face veil. mine was very small & was attached w/ a comb about half-way down the back of my head. it was more of a hair accessory than a veil.

my SIL didnt wear one & she didnt look weird.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I didnt wear one if u want to see my wedding pictures

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=436858723&albumID=1162157&imageID=14051420
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 10:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I wore a tiara. I had may hair done around it so it worked into my hair. We had a themed wedding and I didn't think a veil would've looked right.
    jmetz4

Answer by jmetz4 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I had a veil, but it was attached to my hat. It didn't go over my face. We had an outdoor cowboy themed wedding (both of us grew up on ranches). Honestly, I don't see the point in the big, fancy, frou-frou weddings, but that's just not who I am. I'm a more simple, plain girl. If it's what you want, then go for it.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 11:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I didn't wear a veil. My wedding was outside and I didn't want the veil to blow in my face. I also wanted a more simple look so the veil would of also been to formal for my dress. I did wear a tiara which I think was enough.
    nancylo78

Answer by nancylo78 at 12:12 AM on Oct. 6, 2009