looking for a healthy version or option for...

Kielbasa. I have a few recipes that call for Kielbasa and I would love to make them again, but cannot think of a healthier version of the Polish one. I've lost 55 lbs in the last 1½ year and I've done it, mostly, by eating low calorie/low fat, so a serving should not be 500 cal, because that's how much my whole meal usually is. If any of you have options, I would appreciate the suggestions... NO PREACHING PLEASE.

sauterelledesil

Asked by sauterelledesil at 6:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I found a turkey polska keilbasa...it was that farm brand.
    Anonymous

• I use Jennie O turkey kielbasa. It has 100 calories and 5 g fat per serving.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Call a local butcher and see if they will make it with turkey or chicken for you, a lot of them do stuff like that.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 6:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Jennie O congrats to you for losing weight, I would love some tips, I have been on a very strict diet doc's orders and am about to die!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Congrats on the weight loss! Could you try using it as flavoring instead of eating a big piece? Chop cabbage, potato, apple, onion, some garlic, put in cassarole, add water. about halfway up and bake. I usually use apple juice but that adds calories. Nice recipe and you use meat as flavoring instead of a big piece with all the calories. Hey good luck.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 10:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• There are vegetarian versions of keilbasa

Answer by rkoloms at 9:37 AM on Oct. 6, 2009