How do you clean a spider wound?

My two year old has a nasty spider bite and i have no insurance. I cant go to the doc so i need to know how to take care of it. It has some pus and is swollen and red. She also has a fever. Can someone help me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can go to the ER and make payments to them, my mom got bit by a spider and almost lost her leg, some of them can cause seizures and blood poisning, please take her in--how long has this been going on? She could die from this! You need to call ask a nurse, but I know they will tell you the same thing.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i would take her to the er and not think twice about the bill.i ahve taken my little one more than once and they just keep billing me,but u do need to take her in no matter what.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• shes eligable for medicad,all infants and children are,u can go and tell the docs u aplied for medicade and when u do apply med will pay for the last 3months.welfare doesnt go by income when i comes to health insurance for kids.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I would absolutely not worry about the cost and get to the ER it could be a bad situation if not treated it sounds like it might be getting infected. just make sure you keep it clean, maybe even a warm compress.
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 8:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2009