So this is what we do to our elderly?

Niiice the elderly get the shaft

Funding Cuts Threaten U.S. Nursing Homes
The nation's nursing homes are perilously close to laying off workers, cutting services -- possibly even closing -- because of a perfect storm wallop from the recession and deep federal and state government spending cuts, industry experts say.

AP

Monday, October 05, 2009

continued.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/10/05/funding-cuts-threaten-nursing-homes/

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 6:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Folks I guess we all better start taking care of our elderly family..the govy wants to cut funds to them..

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• And herein lies the Death panel analogy. Of course many libs think that actual DEATH PANELS are in the healthcare bill.. Its too much of a stretch for them to comprehend.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• People think we can afford HCR, but we are cutting benefits to our elderly in nursing homes? WTF? There is something seriously wrong in this world.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 6:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• All I can do is just shake my head and wonder when in the hell i woke up in another Country....
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 6:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Well damn...why didn't they plan ahead better? You know they have had 65 years to plan to have better health care. Rolls eyes... isn't this the same crap you people use to bash people on PA?
    Anonymous

• Anyone who actually believes that the government, especially bo, has the elderly's best interests at heart is seriously delusional. He'd just as soon euthanize all of them. He clearly has no problem with killing since he overturned FOCA. He has not respect for the unborn, the elderly, or our military. WHY IS HE STILL TAKING UP SPACE IN THE WHITE HOUSE?

Anonymous

• please explain you people

The elderly paid into this freaking system btw

Anonymous

• I think we will go back to the days of the Waltons. The entire family lives in the house and take care of each other.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:53 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• nursing homes are already under staffed and under funded...and what the hell do you mean"they should have planed ahead better??" these people can NOT live on their own, some have no family left to take care of them. Who expects to live to be over 100? who expects to out live their children? who plans on needing to be cared for for the last15 years of their lives? The elderly have paid all their lives. We need to take care of them..(oh and btw I worked in a nursing home for 8 years so my examples are from true cases not exaggerations )
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 6:56 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Yep, shortages. I exhibit no surprise! Didn't the health czar say this was coming?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2009