How does a house go from decent looking to chaos in a matter of minutes?

I can tell you...mom went to pee! Seriously! I was gone for a couple of seconds and there are hershey kisses everywhere (that were in a sealed package!), popcorn everywhere, food boxes all over the place, and in the corner...there's a pile of chips with a little 22 month old in the middle munching away. It's been one of those days! So, has your kid every done anything like this? Make me feel better. lol!

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 6:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh goodness my house looks like a tornado ripped through. My kids left for 2 weeks to visit their grandpa and me and my mom cleaned the house, got it spic and span. Now that they are home, it looks like we never cleaned, ever!! SO doesn't help by leaving bowls by the computer and undressing as soon as he walks in the door and leaving a pants, shirt and sock trail to the couch. I've stopped picking up after him and make him do it but it's not getting better!
    Anonymous

• "How does a house go from decent looking to chaos in a matter of minutes?"

You have kids... enough said. :p
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I went to the bathroom to find my 4 your old who knows better had drawen on the wood furniture. My youngest has played in the potty water after it was flushed but yuck all the same. Feel better.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My kids were never into trashing the house. We also had the kitchen childproofed so they could not get into the food and spread it around. Make them clean it up they might not be so quick to be in search and destroy mode if they know there are consequences.
    Anonymous

• That'll learn ya! No peeing for you, Missy! LOL! I'm sorry it's a mess, but the visual you provided is hilarious... Good luck!
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 6:35 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My son could figure out the child protective locks before he was 2.....didn't help a lot. One day he managed to get into the game cabinet while I was in the bathroom, and poured out all of the board games, with all of their little pieces, money, cards.....everything. Then sprinkled milk from his cup all over it all just for the fun of it!!! That was a fun day......you know he just turned 20, I think I'll go in his room and do something fun like that for him!!! Revenge!!! (Just kidding!)
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:35 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I wasn't asking for advice anon 5:32. My son has autism. He does not learn lessons like other kids do. If I wanted advice I wouldn't have posted this in the just for fun category.

To everyone else, I'm loving these stories! =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 6:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• KIDS!.....LOL.....hahahahahaha.

My dd has mild autism...and she is a serious mess maker. She hunts out things to create a mess with...lol. I have learned to laugh at her....what else can I do. ;) love her ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Ok... I do have a story. I had a terrible bout of the runs one day and I put in a movie so I could use the bathroom and hope the kids wouldn't get into anything. So I go to the bathroom and after about 5 minutes I hear the water in the kitchen turn on. I hurry and finish and run into the kitchen to find a huge mess. My three year old had pushed a chair up to the counter and had given his baby brother (18months) a box of Cheerios. The baby then proceeded to dump the entire box on the floor. Then Mark the older one, for some reason thought it needed water. So he turned on the kitchen sink and used the sprayer to spray the whole floor. There was a huge pile of soggy Cheerios to sop up. :(
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• The inventor of child proof gadgets must have been a mom!

My son was TOO quiet one time, and when I searched for him, he came running out of my bathroom with maxi-pads stuck to his feet like shoes!

Now I know what my mom meant by "eyes in the back of her head." Your super hero hearing kicks in.

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2009