Is it possible that a blood pregnancy test could be wrong?

My period has been normal for the past three months. Shown up on time like clock work except for this month. It's late and i dont even have any period symptoms. I took a home pregnancy test but it was negative so I went to the doctor and got a blood test that also came back negative. Is there even the slightest chance that the blood test could have been wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could be but more than likely, you didn't ovulate so your period is off.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• if it was too early it could be wrong, you will just have to wait and see
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 6:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• If you are already late I would say no. HOWEVER my BFF took several tests blood and urine and all came back negative. After like three months they did an ultrasound and there was baby. So while it's not common for blood to be wrong, it can happen in rare cases.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Yes, it could just be early. Continue to take care of yourself as though you were pregnant, no drinking, smoking or drugs, a good multi or prenatal vitamine, etc. And if your period doesn't show up get a new test.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2009