Is this normal?

I got my first period after having my son back on the 16th of September and it's been almost 2 weeks and I'm STILL bleeding! Is it normal for a period to last that long after having a baby? I had him in August btw. It's driving me insane that I'm still on my period and its starting to make me sick. If it doesn't stop by Wednesday(which will be the 2 week mark) I'm going to call and see if I can get an appointment with my Gyno. I just wanted to see if it was normal before I called to make sure I'm not just over-reacting.

LadyJayne27

Asked by LadyJayne27 at 6:53 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Health

• i bled for a month and a half after i had my baby then i got my perodd three weeks later and it was abnormally heavy. My gyno said as long as there was no pain then its perfectly normal. It may take a few months before you are regular again.
    trentsmommy13

Answer by trentsmommy13 at 6:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I only bled for 3 weeks after having my son and my period was heavy for a few days and now its in between light and spotting. My mom told me the same thing that it was just irregular but its driving me INSANE! I hate being on my period. Its so gross. Lol.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 7:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Ugh, I bled for 12 weeks after having my first. I thought I'd need a blood transfusion, and called my doc many many times. Apparently, it was normal. bleh.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2009