Is there a way to help my daughter wipe when she pees?

I have a 6 yr old daughter who will not wipe when she pees. She has been to the hospital at least once a month with either a UTI, yeast infection, or both. We are a very hygenic family, but she just will not do it. She is starting to smell like pee at the end of the day before bathtime, and her teacher has mentioned her vaginal smell to me. I do not know what else I can do to help her. Does anyone have any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• If a 6 year old has vaginal smells so strong that a teacher would tell you...........there is a problem. Take her to the doctor and have the doctor tell her she HAS to do this. She has to wipe herself. YOu may have to be the peepee police everytime she goes potty you may have to check and make sure she has wiped. Is she hurting down there? Is that why she isnt wiping? I hope this is taken care of.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• maybe tell her if she doesnt want to wipe like a big girl she has to wear diapers like a baby or try the reward system
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• noooo dont tell her shell have to wear diapers. That will make her not feel like a big girl!

Have you tried the kandoo wipes. To make it "fun" for her??? They flush good and work wonders. Do you help her wipe? Or does she go in there alone n go? If she goes alone, maybe go with her to "help" her. Maybe she does not know how or feels she doesn't have to.
    But try the kandoo wipes. They worked with my little girl!
    SylviasMommy

Answer by SylviasMommy at 7:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I agree with sylviasmommy, try the kandoo wipes. They clean a little better than toilet paper and you can use them to show her how to do it. Should help clear things up!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:05 AM on Oct. 6, 2009