How long before the first kiss?

I'm dating this guy, and to be fair, I knew from the get go that he wanted to take things slow. But things are starting to move in that more serious direction and I'm starting I'm starting to get antsy.

He's puts his arms around me when he's around and snuggles me close, I met his cousin today (whose more like a sis to him). He wants me to meet his mom as soon as we can find the time to do it. He's constantly trying to find ways to fit me in his schedule even if it's just for an hour and it means he's giving up sleep (he's working 72 hours a week) so i see him really frequently, like every other day frequently.

But still, I only get hugs when he leaves, and I feel like he's still got that guard up a bit. I don't want to push the issue though and ruin a good thing because of silly impatience.

My bestfriend thinks I'm crazy and I should be happy he's not a whore....To me it's just frustrating and maddening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't think there's any set time. I do think if you're planning to meet the family, it's pretty serious, so I would think you should kiss or should have kissed by now. I would do like trentsmommy said, and just plant one on him. Don't stick your tongue down his throat or anything, lol, but just a nice sweet kiss. I personally would find it odd if a guy wanted me to meet his mom before he kissed me. Honestly, as I sit here and think about it, I think most of the time, I've kissed or been kissed by the guy by no later than the 4th or 5th date. Anything beyond that would seem a little unusual to me, but not necessarily bad.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I think the best thing is to be up front with him. Just let him now you really like him and would like to kiss him. Or just lean over and plant one on him. Maybe he is just shy. A kiss isnt moving to fast. Espescially after a couple of dates.
    trentsmommy13

Answer by trentsmommy13 at 7:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Be up front with him, but he's respecting you by waiting and not rushing things. IMO that's a good sign and you should be happy and thankful.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 7:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2009