Pay or Not to Pay !!

My DD will turn 15 next week,I wanted to give her a small pajamas party at the hotel. She wants to go to the mall,then skate/dancing.My problem,for the last 2 weeks 2 of her friends did the same thing,but,I had to pay for my DD to skate and her snacks,I thought that was werid,if,you invite a person do a outing,aren't you suppose to pay.My question,do you think I should pay for her friends to go skating and snacks,or should they pay for it themselves. I want to be fair,but,not a push over.

lady-t3984

Asked by lady-t3984 at 6:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Personally, I would pay for the girls. They should have paid for your DD too. Maybe they financially couldn't.
    Anonymous

• If we throw a party, we pay for everything. That was the way I was brought up. I can understand though some people having others pay for parts of a party in this economy though.
    Anonymous

• i agree with you...if your invited to go to a party you shouldnt have to pay for anything....but that doesnt mean you should do what htey did and make thier children pay....do what you feel is right for YOU...if you believe you shouldnt make the other kids pay then dont do it
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• It depends whether you can afford it r ot, the right thing to do would be pay since it's her party but some can't afford to do that.

Answer by older at 7:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Yes,when we give parties, I have always paid for everything,but,this happen 2 weeks straight,where my DD was invited,but we had to pay,that's why I wanted her to have a small pajama party in the hotel.

lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 7:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• well when I was younger and my sister is a pre-teen when your friends invite you its like hey do you want to go with us. you still have to pay for yourself. Now when a friend is throwing a b-day party I wouldnt expect to pay.

Like my lil sis and her friends always invite one another to the movies, my sis pays her own way, her own food etc. Well her friend decided that was one of the activities for her b-day would go to see that movie that came out...Twilight i think, and my sis and all the other girls were then paid for by the parents.

Casual hang out and b-day party/activity is different
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i would pay only becouse its for her birthday but next time i wouldnt pay for her friends.i can understand,my 17yr old stepson gets asked to go places all the time with freinds.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• That's how it should be, but where I live the kids always pay for themselves if they are going somewhere, it always irks me cause I was raised that if you invite someone to a birthday party then that person should pay.

Times are changing that's for sure!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 9:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• If you are planning a party and sending invitations, the proper thing to do is pay for your daughter and her guests, regardless of what activity you choose.

Regarding the past two weekends.........If it was an "official" birthday party, your daughter's friends were wrong in asking their guests to pay their own way. But if a group of girls just got together and said, "Hey, let's all go skating Saturday night to celebrate Susie's birthdday", then paying their own way is probably okay.

I would never consider asking one of my kids' friends to pay for something that we invited them to attend. That's just rude.

Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 2:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2009