IS it OKAY to post naked pictures of a one year old online???

I posted a question here earlier about my drug addict neglectful SIL. And how she has posted naked pictures of her one year old daughter online... Yet, I was the one that was attacked... I was looking for advice and was told that I'm a drama queen because I don't want to see this child neglected and abused or worse... So, am I wrong or is posting nude pictures okay now??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• honestly depends on ALOT...are the pics private? are they honest pics...as in they are not distatesfull...but like ones of her playing in the bath or stuff like that? MYSELF i dont even like the idea of posting ANY pics of children where they arent wearing clothes because you never know who is out there looking....but your sister might not be thinking along those lines...find out before you judge.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• She thinks they are cute. And I guess some of them could be... But the kid never has clothes on. There are pictures of this girl in the tub, sure. But there are also pictures of her playing in the living room, "dancing on the table," sitting on daddies lap and more... And they aren't private. I keep reporting them to myspace when she posts them there, but she has them posted on other sites and it really makes my skin crawl to think that this is going on... She's only 1...
    Anonymous

• i have a few of my son maybe 2 of him in the bath tub when he was about 6 mts and u cant c anything i didnt take them so u could c priavte parts. i think if they r honest pics then its ok...i have my sons up on myspace but they r set to private. all my kids pics r private i dont want the whole world to c my son. if they r intentionally being nasty then they should be reported to cps
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• no not at all...no questions! they would look at you as a unfit mom.... ((i mean any mom or family member))
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 7:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• ohh and a sexual preditor..
    Linsigirl26

• I think a good rule of thumb is "no public forums, no genitals, no pornography" and everything else should be left to the mother's discretion. Just my opinion! :o)
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 7:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I'm sure the pedophiles think it's a terrific idea. I always wondered how many cruise social sights and friend people with little kids.
    Anonymous

• We took photos of our daughter when she was born. She was born naked. So, now I'm peddling child porn? Give me a break.

Anonymous

• I would never take pictures of my child at any age, even new born and post them. Taking them and sending them in private e-mail is a totally different thing.

Anon 5:15 the question isn't about taking pictures but about displaying them for god knows who to see. How difficult is it to wrap your beautiful new born in a recieving blanked and put a diaper on them. How about you give us a break, just because they are born nude doesn't mean we leave them that way forever.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• the funny thing is, i had a picture of my daughter in the tub on myspace, you couldn't even see anything and it was reported and deleted, and my page is private! this reminds me of a news story i heard a few weeks ago, walmart (think it was walmart) reported regular bath tub pictures as pornography and the girls were taken away from their parents for almost a week b/c of it! i think as long as its an innocent i took a pic of my kid picture than its not a big deal.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2009