Any nurses on here? Save that crap for Saturday night already.

When you give a shot, do you warn the patient right before the poke or do you just jab and go?

DH and I have been sick and I went to the dr today - I got a shot in my behind - and dang the luck, I drew the nurse who thinks butts are targets! She just drew back and letter-fly. I swear she thrust that needle from the opposite side of the room and I was waiting for her to walk up and write her score on the wall!

Be gentle wouldja!!?? That shit hurts and we're already sick.

PaceMyself

Asked by PaceMyself at 7:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL love the sarcasm! Not a nurse but thanks for the laugh :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Sorry to hear your story. I'm a nurse, and yes I warn patients, but usually you know its coming right after the area is cleaned with alcohol swab. Plus she should have mapped out her area, when shots are given in the butt area, its important not to be given near the sciatic nerve. Hope your not too sore now!
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 7:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I am sore - got a knot in that hip now. I know I'm cranky when I get sick, but it was all I could do to keep from handing her one of the suckers the doc keeps for kids and tell her "Good Job, Annie Oakley!"
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Did you get roceffin? Because roceffin shots hurt no matter how you play it out! I've had them twice and it's worse thjan any shot I've ever had. Sore for days. Lot's of cussing!lol
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• In Italy they do that. Only they allow shots to be given by family . They give shots instead of taking pills. Just very different than here.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 8:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I'm newsy,what do you and your DH have,that both of you need shots. I do you both get well soon,I think you can rub the site with ice,and a little alcohol.

Anonymous

• We've both got the flu.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• anon 49 here, I'm the newsy one,please forgive me,if,you thought I was being mean, I hope you both are feeling better after the needle.Did you apply the ice and alcohol.
    Anonymous