Help

Ok this can get confusing. What would you do if a co worker of your husband was telling him she was told by his friend told her he and you were having sexual conversations and it was completely false. Thats wat has happened to me. I don't know if she is lying or if he has actually said this. Cuz we are all friends. Its just so stressful cuz how do you prove it never happened

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Great question.There is no way to prove specualtion and conjecture from other people making up stuff. Gl and I wish you the best. Just keep a low profile around that person and just avoid him if you can. Don't offer any information to anyone affiliated with that coworker.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I guess I'm blonde tonight cause you k inda lost me.
    Did someone tell him that you were having sexual conversations or someone told her that she and your hubby were having sexual conversations?
    It's hard when it's one of those my friend said that a friend told her/him.... blah blah blah
    I'd avoid the motor mouth that was saying something about me or my hubby whether it's true or not. Gossip in the work place happens but it's not a good thing.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Just talk to your husband straight. Don't get over defensive, just say it didn't happen, it wouldn't happen, and that he's just going to have to trust you. If need be, remove yourselves from that entire social circle (hard I know especially when he works with these people). Friends are a great asset, but if their interfering with your marriage then they're no good for you.

Is your husband upset? Does he believe this to be true? If you tell him that it honestly did not happen and he doesn't believe you, then you have trust issues to work on - and once again removing yourself from that circle of friends would probably be best.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Stay away from that crowd. Transfer or apply to another area. Don't go out to lunch with them. Be coridial, but tell them your personal life is off limits.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 8:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• laughingPeople can be so stupid. I'd laugh and ask dh "Do you REALLY think I'd play with him when I have you?"

Answer by admckenzie at 8:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• He doesnt know what to believe because we have both wondered and are already going to therapy for our trust issues and were doing so much better. This is like a leap backwards and makes me feel we will never be able to fix us. It seems like something else always comes up. No it never happened. I have done nothing with this friend but try and talk to him about the girls he likes and help him out. The thing is I dont know if he actually said it. I can't imagine why. But then again I can't imagine what she would gain by lying about him saying it. Its killing me that i have to defend myself on something i never did
    Anonymous

• I think you know what she gained.... she gained you and him having problems.
    That's the only reason someone would go out of their way to tell a spouse something without knowing for sure that it happened.
    But if you and your man have trust issues... perhaps you shouldn't be trying to help male friends/coworkers with their relationship problems? That might help your situation because someone might've overheard part of the conversation and thought it was about you and him instead of him and his gf.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:26 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Once one of my DHs co-workers told him he & I had sex before we got together. We all worked together. He laid some lines on me in the past, but I would have never given him the chance. My Dh was brought it up from time to time. Since they were friends, he didnt know who to believe. Unfortunatly, there is that thought in the back of his mind if he or I was telling the truth. I hope he believes me! People lie. Rumors suck. It hurts. Sorry to hear the bad news.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 12:02 AM on Oct. 6, 2009