Is 32 pounds too much for a 15 month old?

Thats my son- he was 10.2 at birth and is 15 months now, weighs 32 lbs, and wears a 3T. What in the world?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son also weighed 10 lbs at birth and is 2 and a half and weighs 35 lbs. now. and in a 3t lol. but all kids are different he could be going thru a growth spurt or maybe for his body thats just normal. if your worried talk to his ped about it :)
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 8:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My suggestion would be this go to your search engine and type in growt chart. Then plot where your child is. If they are on the same curve they were on from birth and their height and weight are close to the same percentile then he is fine.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i thought i had a big toddler. my 16month old is 26 pounds she was 7 pounds one once at birth,but was in her 98 percentile up until now,she seems to be slowing down.i wouldnt be worried about his weight this young.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• mine is tall and skinny, he was 9lbs 6oz at birth at 18mths he weighed 26lbs and 35" tall, so it depends on the kid.
    Anonymous

• i am not a doctor but to me that seems like a heavey baby.i would ask the ped at your next appot. the should tell you whether or not you have anything to really worry about.
    Mommy2Layla08

Answer by Mommy2Layla08 at 8:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• That's a heavy toddler, but you also have to consider how tall he is.

My almost 3 year old is 32lbs and about 33 inches (I think)...He's proportioned height/weight....

If you're 15 month old is tall...he's just a big guy. If it's really all weight...maybe a talk with the pediatrician is in order just to be sure HE's (the doctor lol) not concerned.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I don't know if it's too much, but that's definitely one big toddler.

My daughter is 15 months old and weighs 20 pounds. She is about 31.5 inches long.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• She was born 8 pounds + 1 ounce
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I feel sorry for you! LOL My son is 13 months and just got to the 20lb mark and my arms are KILLING me! =)

As long as the pediatrician isn't concerned, don't worry about it.
    Anonymous

• mine was about 30lbs at that age he is just really big lol and he is solid and when he gets mad he puts a dead weight on that seems like an extra 40lbs he is three and almost weighs 40lbs and he is an active little guy :)
    Anonymous