Are you getting the flu shot while you're pregnant?

jessiepink

Asked by jessiepink at 8:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i'm getting the swine flu vaccine on friday and i'm 29 weeks
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i did at 6 months pregnant
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Yes.

HMHUTSON

Answer by HMHUTSON at 8:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i will if im not already getting sick, i feel kinda yucky.
    Anonymous

• are you scared it might harm your unborn child?? thats the only reason why i'm scared to get it... did yall make your research before deciding??? i don't know what to do everybody is saying no!! and the media is scaring the heck out of me...
    Anonymous

• I asked my OB and he said to get both the seasonal and the Swine flu. I did a lot of research from the CDC to the FDA to blogs and so forth. I have decided there are too many unknowns. I was going to when I found that you can get a Mercury free one but then read some of the other ingredents and even the manufacturors say its not tested for pregnant or breast feeding women and never has been. So No I am not but I also homeschool and can isolate myself if need be. I might have chosen differently if I worked or was around more people with school age children.
    ljdsnow

Answer by ljdsnow at 9:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I did and I was around 8 weeks.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i just got mine! and best of all this year its not a live vaccine so you dont get ther syptoms of the flu your arm just hurts really badly!
    Froggy_girl1790

Answer by Froggy_girl1790 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Yes I'm going to get it...it's miserable having the flue when you can't take anything more than tylenol for it.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• no i'm not getting it. i rarely get sick and know my body enough. i can handle it and get past it if i have too. plus i'm due soon so not worried it would hurt me or the baby. plus if health ins don't pay i can't pay for it.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2009