What goofy things do you find yourself saying to your kids, or silly nicknames?

"Is that kaka I smell, or did you just toot?" It's really bad when you call your dog things like "dooky-head" and worse; then you get rid of your dog and have a baby.... Yeah, must try not to use the same nicknames! My husband calls our son "pooky-pie", which is really funny because he's a very masculine ex-marine. I find myself calling him "Captain poopy-pants" or "stinky-butt". Hmm, hope he's not scarred for life!

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 8:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• I call him "My little Monkey" but only in private. He wanted to be called a money. In private because I once called him my little monkey in public and someone jumped all over my ass for being racist. I didn't even think about it. My son is black and I am not.

Once, in public, I said to him (in front our our black friends), "You eat so many crackers your going to turn into one giant cracker if you keep eating all them like you do." Then as soon as I said it I was turning red and wanted to just DIE right then and there. He kept calling himself a cracker for the next week. I was mortified. Thankfully that one has gone and stayed gone....but I am very careful about our nicknames. So I just stick to Izzy Wizzy Boo and leave it at that.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• oh my God that is so funny, i call my son pooky pie and nugget and ryan poopie pants, lol. I call my daughter pumpkin pie.
    Anonymous

• Lol! I've called my son "Stinky butt", too. Along with, "munkchin", "mommy's monster", and "monkey".
    The other day I was on the phone, and I bet the person on the other end thought I was going insane. I kept telling my son over and over that "elephants don't belong in the printer."....He was trying to shove his elephant puzzle piece in there. And I couldn't get to him. LOL!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 8:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I've accidentally called my son my cats name. Which is sad because he's only 2 months old.
    My cat came and laid down by my son and I while we were watching a movie last night and I went to say "Jamie don't pull Skitzo's fur!" and it came out "Skitzo don't pull Jamie's fur!"
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 8:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i call my oldest son nugget, slim dim, terd and my youngest skinky butt, monkey, and my hubby calls him pac-o. and when they acting funny we say there being a punkers
    Anonymous

• i used to call my lil one pork chop,now and days its butthead.or buda baby
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I call mine 'goofus' which is a cross between goofy and dufis.
    Anonymous

• i call mine "little monster" "squirt" "stinky" and sometimes, "Pubuh (Poo-buh)" Lol
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Yeah, I try not to give my baby nicknames, I used to name my cats like stinkey ba-da-binkie. I do call him stinkie and boo cuz he was born on halloween.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 11:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I call my son spagettie. It started out by me saying "Are you ready, Spagettie?" When we were about to do/go something/where. And it got shortened to now I just call him spagettie.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:12 AM on Oct. 6, 2009