If you are not on the bus are you a race traitor?

Hmm... If you are African American or Latino, YOU better be on this bus!

The ads, which will run in English and Spanish, "are part of a grassroots effort to ensure that members of Congress appreciate the importance of reform to the people of color they represent," according to a statement released by the coalition.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitol-briefing/2009/10/civil-rights_groups_launch_hea.html

I think this is ridiculous!
Why do they think it is necessary to "target" minorities? Do they think minorities can not make up their own mind with out an African American telling them what to think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• not sure but evidently a lot of people think minorities need to be told exactly what to do. they are just as smart as anybody else don't need anybody telling them what to do, but persuasion seems to be a big influence here lately but not needed in every case.

Anonymous

• I think it is messed up they used a bus... The first thing I thought of when they closed the bus doors was Rosa Parks. They know the "bus image" is so sentimental to African Americans..to exploit that is messed up.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Don't you know the government thinks we are all idiots. Non of us truly knows what is good for us, so they feel the need to decided things for us.
    Anonymous

• I'm Hispanic, and find that truly offensive. To assume all Hispanics have the same needs and wants is bigoted and racist.  It's stereotyping and prejudice. 

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 8:53 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I think "targeting minorities" is racist. I don't see why they can't just say what they want to say and not go after people based on their skin color. As another poster said, to assume every person of a certain ethnicity has the same needs, ideas, and wants is racist and IMO ignorant.

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• They count on the fact that these groups have been made so dependent on the government that they are afraid to think for themselves in fear of their entitlements will be taken away.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• The artist in me always gets confused by the phrase "people of color," don't we all have color? Even if it is a pale peach?
    Anonymous

• They trained people like a bunch of pet poodles using welfare as a treat, so yes they do have to tell them. I am not saying this about just one race though. There is a whole class of Americans that have been so pushed down by the liberal left and their nanny state that they no longer can think for themselves, they are used to the state doing it for them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Actually, white people are the minority now.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:58 AM on Oct. 6, 2009