skipped a period, preg. symptoms...implantation bleeding? false positive test?

I should have started my period back on September 5. I've had ALL kinds of pregnancy symptoms since before my period was even due. Then I had a tiny bit of brown spotting a couple times last week. Then pink a week ago. Have had very light bleeding Oct. 1 - 5 (today...it's very light today.) I don't know whether this is implantation bleeding or just a very light period. (?)

I've had 9 barely visible, thin (faint) positive blue lines on pregnancy tests the past week. They are so faint I can hardly see them and wonder if I'm imagining them. But then I realize I'm not imagining it, it's really there (just a VERY faint, thin line). (My mom was here and saw one of them.)

I've been reading online and keep seeing how people don't trust the blue dye tests. That makes me wonder even more whether these are really positive or whether there's just something wrong with the tests.

Very confusing.

Ohio-mom-of-2

Asked by Ohio-mom-of-2 at 8:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you are uncertain, go to the health dept. Usually they will give you a free test.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 8:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• So, go to the Dr. and have a blood test. That's easy.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• And I think it's the most accurate way to test. (I think)
    m-avi

• peeonastick.com has a LOT of info on pregnancy tests, and there is even info on certain types and on blue dye in general. according to it, if the test line is blue, no matter how light, you are pregnant! as long as you look at it in the time period in the directions. if it is colorless or gray or looks like just an indent, it's a negative. good luck :)
    Anonymous

• Get a digital test, the clear blue easy digital one
    Anonymous

• Even if the line is faint, if it's there at all, it's a positive result.

It's probably just early enough in your pregnancy that your hormones aren't very strong yet. I'm sure if you took it in a week or two you'd get a strong line.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Thank you! :)
    Ohio-mom-of-2

Answer by Ohio-mom-of-2 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I did a First Response Early Result test this am (with FMU) and it was negative. I also did an EPT digital and it was negative. So...I think the blue dye ones were false positives.
    Ohio-mom-of-2

Answer by Ohio-mom-of-2 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 7, 2009