How old was your baby when they started crawling?

My DS is 6 months. Is this early for him to be crawling? Or right on time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine was 6 months. I was told that was a little earlier than average.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• mine was 6 months when he started i was also told that is was earlier than average
    victoriak12708

Answer by victoriak12708 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My son didn't crawl until 9 months. There's no "right time" for crawling. The only thing that matters is that he has some way of getting around a room by the time he's 9 months, whether by rolling, scooting, army crawling, crawling, walking, whatever. And I don't think there's ever such a thing as "too early" for any developmental milestone. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My son was 6 months when he started "crawling" he looked more like an inch worm though... he really figured it out by the time he was7 months
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My son is 6 months and not sitting up on his own yet. He still does not roll from tummy to back either, but he is a bit bigger than average, which i was told can delay these types of things .Hes super giggly, vocal and happy so for me that is all that matters. I am enjoying these times that he isnt getting into everything yet :) I would agree with dragonrider that there is probably not going to ever be a "too early" as far as baby development.
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• my son is 6 months and just started crawling forward. he had reverse down since he was about 5 months. i think thats about average though.
    robbinsme

Answer by robbinsme at 12:00 AM on Oct. 6, 2009