Proof the Turin Shroud is fake?

An Italian scientist says he has reproduced the Shroud of Turin, a feat that he says proves definitively that the linen some Christians revere as Jesus Christ's burial cloth is a medieval fake.

link below

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 8:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am a Christian and I have never believed in the shroud. There were far too many questions. Besides the fact that God generally doesn't leave "irrefutable proof" laying around.  If He did why would we need faith.  True believers don't need proof, the witness of the Holy Spirit in their life and the lives of others should be enough.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:12 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• The shroud was carbon dated some years back to the 13th century..this is not new news.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Well, all I can tell you is I believe in the Creation. I also believe in science. Carbon dating is not a hocus pocus science. People will believe whatever they choose to believe regardless of the evidence. Many refuse to acknowledge the Holocaust even happened. If we can't 'prove' to these morons when we have pictures how will you ever prove something they CAN'T see.? I just move on and let them live in their own little lala land.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Many people believe the Shroud is really depicting Jacques de Molay of the Knights Templar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_De_Molay

The carbon dating supports this theory.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:26 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• No big deal to me.

Whatever cloth was wrapped around Christ, was just that - cloth.

It makes no difference at all in my faith in the savior, though as an artist, I do find it rather pretty.
    Anonymous

• I read that this morning... No shock. I didn't know anyone that believed it was real in the first place.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Yep. Discovery had an episode about it a while back. They seemed to think the image was taken similar to how old photographs used to be made.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• It was real... but people want to disprove things ... they are desperate.
    I saw the film called The Shroud of Turin and they showed on there how it was real.
    You cannot deny the supernatural... what happened in the tomb was supernatural.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• so? This doesn't rock my faith. I believe in God not web links and reproductions. Anything you say I take with a grain of salt and amusement because your one goal is be on sided.

God bless you dear, I will pray for you and your family tonight.
    Anonymous