How long does it take for the cord to fall off?

My son is 8 days old an his cord looks like its starting to come off i can see what looks like fresh cord! To me it looks nasty!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my 2nd dd was 8 days old, i went to clean it cuz it looked gross and it was off. my 1st i dont really remember
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• it took a week befor my lil ones feel off, when we took her in for her app. the nurse rubed it with alchole and it came right out.it looked like she rubed it hard too, i asked her about it she said oh its fine it didnt hurt her.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• my 1st took almost a month, my second between 7 and 10 days don't really remember the exact amount. just keep cleaning it, for both mine it didn't fall off when i saw it, i went to change a diaper noticed something looked diff than found it in the bottom of their feety pajamas.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• it does look gross! it took two weeks for my LO's to fall off. just do not pull it off!
    trentsmommy13

Answer by trentsmommy13 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• it took 2 weeks for my baby girls to fall off
    kieramommy

Answer by kieramommy at 9:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• it took my sons 10 days.
    landons.mama

Answer by landons.mama at 9:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I think it took my son's cord exactly 2 weeks and it was in his diaper. Oh the memories.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 9:53 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• my son was 5 weeks old when his fell off, on easter... We were in the kitchen and daddy was holding him and I saw something on the floor so I picked it up like EWWWW... and then I realized what it was-double ewwww and promptly threw it in the trash.
    then I realized what it was (again) and was very relieved because it took FIVE weeks to fall off!
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 10:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I accidently gave my ds a bath, so it didnt come off all the way for 3 wks.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 11:35 PM on Oct. 5, 2009