am i the only one...?

am i the only one that checks my daughter poopy dipars to make sure it looks ok?

angelairelan

Asked by angelairelan at 8:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• no, u have to look. its a good way to tell if something is wrong.
    trentsmommy13

Answer by trentsmommy13 at 9:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• no you're already changing the diaper so you kinda have to look at it anyways
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i do. i like to know if she needs more or less liquids. plus poop is the easiest way to know if her GI tract is messed up.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Be careful not to stick your finger in dooky.LOL
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 11:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I would post anon too on that balloon incident! Cracking up, god knows what they get in to when your back is turned. I have had 4, and on one it was neon red and I freaked, until I realized it was Play Doh! Yep non-toxic but it gave me a momment of panic. I am using name and not posting Anon.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 12:19 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Yes I always look to see if it's firm or runny or if it's a weird color.
    zorrokat

Answer by zorrokat at 1:11 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I did when my girls were babies and one day after the girls had been to ma maw and papaws house I was changing my youngest daughters diaper and I noticed about 3 little dark reddish ovals. I was baffled and didn't know what it was. The next day no ovals so I thought well maybe she is getting constipated or something. Well a few weeks later after visiting with ma maw and papaw again I noticed it again. I called and asked what the girls ate. My MIL said she gave then some raisins and cookies.  So I was like OMG my child is pooping grapes.  I guess she was swallowing them whole and not chewing them.  It's kind of funny.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:36 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My MIL told me once that she thought her son was pooping blood before she realized that she fed him beets that day! What a scare.
    Oh, and I always look. Sometimes if he seems to have diarrhea or something, DH even brings a diaper to me to examine. lol.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:05 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• No...my husband calls me the "Poopologist"...lol
    elismommy608

Answer by elismommy608 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2009