was i unfair? i told my kids to get jammies on so we could have a snack b4 bed and they spent 20 min playing

so when bed time rolled around 20 min later they werent ready for bed so i told them jammies and teeth no snack cause you took to long to get ready they are 6 and 8

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think it was a great plan!! Stick to it! Don't let them guilt you into one tonight if theyppull the same stunt! :0)

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:53 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Nope, you weren't unfair. You told them what to do and why, and they chose to ignore you. Maybe next time they will pay attention and do what you tell them.

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• You weren't unfair. Tomorrow night they will probably get ready quicker now. =)

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 9:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• nope

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I think you have to be very specific on what you are telling to them. Jammies now or no snack. It's only fair to warn them if they don't do it now. 

• nope. i do the same thing. listen or no snacks. tears arent going to change the fact they didnt listen .

Answer by Kayge at 9:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Not unfair at all. I've done that a dozen times myself.

• You did the right think Momma!

Answer by vbruno at 11:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• If you told your children to put their pjs on and they played instead, that sounds fair!

Answer by catholicmamamia at 11:26 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Nope, they need to learn cause & effect.

Answer by zorrokat at 12:18 AM on Oct. 6, 2009