4 week old eating all day!?

I exclusively breast feed my 4 week old daughter. Today she has been eating since around 11am or so. She will nurse for an hour or so then fall asleep but only sleep for 10-15 mins. She only sslept about 15 mins, twice, so only about a total of 30 mins today. It is now 8pm.

She is also spitting up a lot of breast milk. It seems like she is full but eats so she spits up a lot. I let her nurse on demand which has been all day.

I know that it is normal to go through growth spurts and eat more often... but it really seems like she is eating too much which is causing her to spit up a lot of milk.

What should I do about this? I tried letting her cry in bed for 10 mins to see if she will sleep... didn't work.

shannonwooten

Asked by shannonwooten at 9:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if u want try interducing her to the pacifur(babies want to suck all the time no matter what. also try burping her befor she is done eating.like feed her for a few minutes then burp her then feed again.i had that probelm.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• If I were you I would just go with the flow and see if this lasts...my dd had days when she would eat a ton or not nap, etc...and within a day or two she would go back to normal. I wouldn't worry unless it continues and at that point I'd bring her in to see her pediatrician...sounds like you've had a long day - I hope you get some rest tonight! good luck!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2009