NEED ADVICE!!

My son is a 2nd grader who is so reluctant to go to school in the morning, he kicks and screams and doesnt want to get into the darn car!! he says his teacher is mean but i just met her she looks but doesnt seem so intimidating.. of course she put up a front.. it got so bad the principal had to literally pull him out of my car kicking and screaming. dont know what to do anymore..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would make some surprise visits to the classroom or possibly contact other classmates parents to see if they are also having issues. At that point, then you can make a decision based on what you find out.
    tts

Answer by tts at 9:35 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• You ever thought that he might have a bully?My son had one of those in first grade.He did the same thing,but as I was walking him to school.Surprised that no body didn't call the cops on me because he was that loud.Talk to the teacher about it.Get down to the bottom of it.If the teacher is the issue then see why.Tell her that your son is scared of her and see why?If it gets worse ask to change teachers.See if that helps out (a new teacher).

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 10:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Ask to have him put in a different class with a different teacher. If he still keeps it up seek a professional counselor for his behavior. You can always ask the principal if you can spy on the class to make sure the teacher isnt putting up a front with you. Some teachers are mean to kids in class.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Go to school with him! My daughter has days where she does NOT want to go. Kinder. was Horrible. I thought the teacher was kinda mean myself, so i went to school one day to volunteer in the room n found out exactly y my daughter was not learning n catching on quickly. Plus, if you are there one day, he will feel better about going. Something is going on at school. A bully, or maybe he needs a "best friend". Do you let him play with some kids from school, outside of school who are in his class? It could be a follow/leader concept. Find out what they are doing, the next day, like music, or art or something; and get him xcited for it. Has he ever been in daycare? School is sometimes scary if they are not used to being away from home. But I really really think: rather than "peekin' in" you should volunteer for a day n check things out! You will LOVE it! Its sooo much fun!!!
    SylviasMommy

Answer by SylviasMommy at 12:00 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I worked with a teacher the administration loved and the kids feared. With good reason... she put them down, made them feel stupid and worthless. I felt like I was having to secretely put thier self esteem back together each day. I complained and eventually quit.
    My advice, listen to your child and dig deeply into the situation.
    mnrsmom900

Answer by mnrsmom900 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 10, 2009