should i worry about my 22 month old's pooping?

his poop is more runny than normal, for the past 3 days, nothing else is wrong except that he's had a cold for about a week. he also never used to poop at night while sleeping, but woke up last night and pooped at around 10:30 - again, more on the runny/mushy side. i don't really consider him having diarrhea, because it's not that liquidy in consistency. have given him bananas daily and bread too to help. he's acting normal, so i don't think i need to worry, but just thought i'd check if this happens to others out there? do your toddlers poop in their sleep or wake up at night to poop? thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter poops funny sometimes depending on what she has ate the day or days before. Maybe he had too much juice, or maybe its his body's way of getting rid of bacteria from his cold or something else. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just do what your doing, bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast are good for diarrhea. I would lay off the juice and only give him milk or water. Or at least water down the juice.
    andrea_smkns

Answer by andrea_smkns at 9:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i keep worrying that he'll poop at night and i won't know about it until morning, and that he'll get a bad diaper rash. do toddlers do that - sleep while pooping at night, etc?
    Anonymous

• A little girl my mom watches used to have really bad poop that would fill her diaper while she was sleeping and she would have to change it. Also maybe he could be getting a tooth in? That always makes my DD have weird poop.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 11:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I would try huggies overnight diapers that way if he does poop there the more adsorbent and there bigger so I think it would help keep the moisture away so he would not as likely get diaper rash. Also if you worried you can put desitin or some other diaper rash creme on him before he goes to sleep (even without a rash) It should act a barrier.
    andrea_smkns

Answer by andrea_smkns at 9:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2009