Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do i need to apply for WIC

i'm on medicaid and i have been for this entire pregnancy (i'm 37 weeks) my 2yo has it, too. we haven't had wic this whole time, but now we actually need the help. i have an appointment wednesday to apply, and i don't know what all i need to bring. i have my medicaid card, my 2yo's card, a check stub from my husband's work, and 'proof' that i'm pregnant with my due date on it...what else do i need?

Answer Question

Asked by MamaCatCat at 9:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 3 (13 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • You don't need proof of income if you have Medicaid (at least you don't in my state). You do still need ID for yourself and your toddler (driver's license, social security card will work). And the proof of pregnancy for yourself. That should be it, but you might want to check just to be sure. They'll probably have the information on-line on the website for your state's health department, or you can call and ask.

    Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

  • Im pretty sure as long as u have medicaid u automatically qualify for wic. Your best bet is to contact the wic office to make sure.

    Answer by trentsmommy13 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

  • dang.... i have no idea where her SS card is...

    Answer by MamaCatCat at 9:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

  • I think you will also need proof of adress.

    Answer by mommyofJames08 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

  • check online, it should have a list of what you are supposed to bring with you. when we were on wic a few years ago i had to have: proof of pregnancy (after she was born SS card/number), proof of income, proof of address and id

    Answer by vabchmommy at 10:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

  • Your child and you and the records for your shots.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

  • i'm going to the WIC wednesday

    you need either SS card/birth certificate for you and child. Child's shot records. Driver's License. Proof of income (or Medicaid card). ANd proof of your pregnancy (dumb huh, your 37 wks)

    Answer by charisma10 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

  • Do not forget two forms of id for youself as well as prove of residency but basically if u have medicaid, then that is really all u need... well at least that is how they are where i live

    Answer by waterlily89 at 2:02 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.